Official Portal of Municipal District of Glazov city
header middle pictures
Official Portal of Municipal District of Glazov city
Navigation
See also

About the city

Udm. republic map

It’s placed in North Udmurtia (Upper West Ural) on the left shore of Tcheptsa river in 180 km to North-West from Izhevsk. It’s been already mentioned in 17 century as a village.

There are some interesting definitions of the word “Glazov” and versions, why the city was called so: the first – the city center is build in shaft radial way, so if you look down on it, that’s mentioned an eye. the second - There are many springs in Udmurtia. The “oshmes syn” (“spring” in Udmurtisch) means “the eye of source”. the third (the most logical) there was the most popular in 16 century name family “Glazov”.

Population number: 1678 - 150; 1939 - 16 000; 1999 – more than 100 000

© 2005 - 2007 Municipal District of Glazov city. All rights reserved | Terms of Use | About site
Visitors: 109890
Since 21-10-2005
Web    swift.engine Extended Clustering Edition